• Original Concept: Philippa Wood
• Design & Production: Philippa Wood
• Size: 340x297mm
• Publisher: The Caseroom Press
• Publication Date: Summer 2010
• Price: £40
• Limited Edition Artists’ Book: 10 Copies. Silk Screen and Digital Print.
• Available from: Please e-mail Philippa Wood (pwood[at]lincoln.ac.uk)
• regarding this item
The First is the sequel to a book produced by Philippa Wood of The Caseroom Press in 2008 called The Last.
Following a similar concept, the book is a typographic exploration of responses from participants who answered a series of questions relating to the theme of ‘the first...’
When used out of context, the texts become abstract and idiosyncratic, leaving the viewer to form their own opinion as to what the statements relate to.
The texts are supported by a series of screen-printed images based on line drawings by Tamar MacLellan.